Life of JMK and MEJKING

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." 3 John 1:4 (KJV)

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Chickens

This is all our new ladies. Aren't they pretty!!


1. This is Rose, a Rhode Island Red




2. This is Prudence, I don't know what kind of chicken she is. If you know please let me know.



3. This is Miss Prissy, a White Leghorn





4. She needs a name. I'm open to suggestions. I don't know what kind of chicken she is either.





5. She needs a name as well. She is a Turkin (Naked Neck). There are no feathers on her neck. Quite an interesting hen, she has a head that looks a little like a turkey.



6. Last but not least, the one walking in the door that is kind of yellowish. She needs a name too. I think she is a Buff Orpington.

I am in the beginning stages of learning about chickens. If anyone has any information, let us know. We can use all the help we can get.

5 comments:

  1. Those are some beautiful chickens! LOL. Here's some help with names and a few other things about chickens:

    http://www.freewebs.com/professorchicken/chickennames.htm

    CK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dylan said he wanted to name one of the chickens... so I will tell him to think of a name

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to have Dylan’s suggestion for a name. Please give me the number of the chicken he is naming from my blog. Thank you Dylan for helping me name our chickens.

    I Love You very much,
    Mamaw/Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. my suggestions were, Pricilla, for the blackish one, Laverne , for the turkin, and , Lucille (Lucy) for the red one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaelyn wants to name #6 Penelope. Too cute! I love the chickens! Can't wait to see them all in person!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

I sure do enjoy your comments. Let me know what I can do better. You can COMMENT without setting up an account by using the "anonymous" but please put you name so I will know who you are. Thank you...Mamaw