Life of JMK and MEJKING

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." 3 John 1:4 (KJV)

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

January is almost over!




Boy we had some cold temperatures already this year. Our little pond froze. It froze about 1.5 to 2 inches down. Our little pond has been infected with Meal Weed and Duck Weed, that's the brown stuff in the pictures. In these pictures it's on top of the ice. Normally it's green and it looks kind of like slime but it's not slimey at all. It has a cornmeal texture and is real gritty. It's exciting because we are in hopes that the freeze may have put a setback in this stuff. It has turned brown and is beginning to sink. Maybe it died!!! I hope...

















You can see where I threw a piece of wood on to the ice and it didn't break the ice. I wasn't quite brave enough to step out onto the ice.









Whiskers did decide to go to the pond and have a nice "COLD" drink of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sure do enjoy your comments. Let me know what I can do better. You can COMMENT without setting up an account by using the "anonymous" but please put you name so I will know who you are. Thank you...Mamaw