Life of JMK and MEJKING

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." 3 John 1:4 (KJV)

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wisdom from Spurgeon...

"I have known Christian fathers who by their severity and lack of tenderness have produced in their children, hatred to Christianity, instead of love to it.

May fathers and mothers set such an example of 'cheerful piety' that sons and daughters shall say--"Let us tread in our father's footsteps, for he was a happy and a holy man. Let us follow our mother's ways, for she was sweetness itself."


If piety does not rule in your home, you shall see disorder, disobedience, folly, unholiness, and vice in your children."


"A religion which will not stand the test of the fireside is not worth much!


If yours is a true, genuine, thorough conversion, I do not say that you are to go up and down the street crying out that you are converted.


But on due occasions you must not hide your convictions. Do not conceal what the Lord has done for you, but hold up your candle in your own house.


The power of a father's prayers with his arms about his boy's neck I know full well. The power of a mother's prayers with her children all kneeling around her is far greater than any public ministry will be.


God make you so to live that you show piety at home."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sure do enjoy your comments. Let me know what I can do better. You can COMMENT without setting up an account by using the "anonymous" but please put you name so I will know who you are. Thank you...Mamaw