Life of JMK and MEJKING

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." 3 John 1:4 (KJV)

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful for my parents

I am thankful for my parents this morning.

I used to hear others say, "I was blessed to be raised in a godly home" when I was a new Christian. For a long time, I felt like my life and family before Christ were somehow inferior because I did not grow up in a gospel preaching home. As I have grown in the faith, I have come to see that I had the exact right family I needed to have for God to work HIS purposes in my life. My parents were caring and responsible, and only wanted my best. They sacrificed for me, and worked hard for our family.

I see parents often pressuring their children in life; to do certain things, to achieve certain levels of excellence that are perhaps more for the prestige than anything. I know a young person who wants so desperately to get the parents' approval that the child's life is nothing but a frantic, stress-filled race for success in any and everything, at the expense of the relationship with Christ. Christian parents, above all, ought to understand the reality that the purposes God has for our children is not ours to determine or force. I hope I have not done that with my children. And I'm thankful my parents never did that with me. They may be outside of the fellowship of the Lord, but not outside of HIS watch, and I continue to pray for them.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. We were right where the Lord put us and wanted us.

    He knows best and all things work together for good to them that love the Lord and are called according to his purpose.

    We had good parents! Thank you Lord, but even if we would've had bad parents, it would've been for our good (if we belong to the Lord), so we could say Thank you Lord for that also.

    1 Thess 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you

    ReplyDelete

I sure do enjoy your comments. Let me know what I can do better. You can COMMENT without setting up an account by using the "anonymous" but please put you name so I will know who you are. Thank you...Mamaw